Originally Posted by hitman
Originally Posted by WMR
Just sighted in my first Tikka T1x. Talk about easy. 5 Mini Mag HP under 3/4in at 50 yds. Burris 3-9 Rimfire scope. It would probably do better in the hands of a better shooter. I doubt any 10y/o would lust for anything nicer. Most would rather bang away with a 10-22 on reactive targets. To each his own, but we may be overthinking this. For that matter, a Ruger American and a bunch of ammo would make anyone a good father/son day.

Tikka T1x is a fine 22,maybe the best bang for the buck. However the young man wants a high quality WOOD rifle and has saved his money to buy one. I admire the young fella for this especially in todays world. Its out there. Keep eye on Rimfire Central classifieds. Itl turn up. In mean time keep savin

BTW- As far as you doubting a ten year old lusting after nice rifles goes. Im glad theres still a few out there! Gives me hope

Thanks for understanding. He's a good kid. He has worked hard at saving. I was glad and just a little suprised when he wanted to spend it on a "nice" .22. Most of my guns have synthetic stocks but I have one or two shotguns and two rimfires with some decent wood and he wants to buy his own. Badly!