I think Gentry may have made some way back when. My theory on why they aren’t readily available is that A: most “safari” rifles are blued, and B: SS doesn’t stretch as readily as mild steel. B example can cause problems when fitting the band as it’s generally advised to order one a little undersized and stretch it on by tapping around the circumference with a flat faced hammer to achieve a good snug fit.

I built a couple here and there but they were a time consuming one off. I made one or two that were one piece using an indexer on the mill. Much easier method was to machine a stud on the mill and turn a band out of the chamber end of an old SS barrel to the right ID and OD. Put the band in the mill vise and machine a flat the same width as your stud on the bottom, get everything fitting well and silver solder the stud onto the ring. With good prep the joint can be almost invisible. Of course unless you have your own machine shop or very deep pockets it ends up costing what a used rifle goes for on an hourly rate.

Sending one that’s been fit to be hard chromed and putting it on with epoxy is probably a much better alternative.