Doc,

Jack O'Connor used 45 grains of this powder with both 140 grain Sierra flat base (now Pro-Hunter) and Nosler Partition bullets in his 7x57 rifles. He hunted both here and in Africa with this load. 4320 was an excellent powder then and, in my opinion, it still is. I have used it to load for the .243 Win., .250 Sav., 7x57, ,308 Win., .30-06, and .338-06, and it has always performed well as long as I did not push for highest possible velocities. It was what I used for my best loads in the .338-06, and I still use it today to load for the .250 Sav. and .30-06.

If my memory serves me correctly, this powder was dropped from the IMR line in about 1980. I thought I was really lucky to find an 8# keg before it vanished from dealers shelves; however, I needn't have worried because it was brought back in a year or two because of user demand. Evidently, there were, and are, a good number of us who find this propellant GOOD FOR excellent handloads!

M. Bell

Last edited by Ten_Sleep; 11/21/07.

"You are so equipment conscious...you carry heavy millimeter cannon with you into the field. The American's sense of sportmanship is equated with his ability to master the sport with his purchases, not his skill." --Scottish author unknown--