Just got back from today's last two 1000 yard matches. Palma Rifle all 5 days. The weather was great this morning with some challenging but manageable winds. Wednesday's 600 yard matches were a good warmup, with some great scores shot. My best string was a 197-11x which wasn't even close to the top. The Thursday team Palma matches were cold and windy and I discovered I do not like prone shooting in the mid 30's with 15+ MPH winds. Added some pull weight to my trigger's 2nd stage that evening, to help with the cold, and had a good string going for Friday's Palma match until I crossfired at 900 yards. Was using 9 minutes of wind at the time. Saturday was more of the same wind, but at least it was in the 40's when we started. One of the windier Southwest Nationals I've attended, but I still think everyone had a good time.

Arizonan Justin Skaret won the LR sling division with some outstanding shooting. John Friguglietti won the Palma division. Arizonan Ben Lucchesi won 600 yard Sling using his Palma rifle. Six countries were represented in this years match.

Too close for irons, switching to scope...