Originally Posted by tomt53
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by LBP
What’s your pet load for 22-250 using 77 gr TMK’s? My rifle is a 1-8” twist NULA.

Not much help with the TMK, because I haven't been able to find any. You are a lucky man Les, if you have a stash of them. I've been running the 77 SMK through a skinny barreled Tikka T3 lite:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Load data:

77 SMK
30gr AR Comp
Lapua brass
BR2 Primer
2.480" (.020" off lands)

Disclaimer: This load is safe in my rifle, it may not be in yours. Work up.. This load will shoot .3 moa for 5 shots at 100 yards in my Tikka. I'd also be very tempted to try StaBall 6.5, as I have had very good luck with it shooting 69gr pills. YMMV..

BSA, I also have the Tikka 22-250 1-8. I have an Silencerco SAR brake with a Saker 556 suppressor. I have 2 lbs. of AR Comp and 500 77SMK's. I'm thinking about starting at 29 grns of AR Comp and working up in.2 increments. Your thoughts please.

Since you are running a can, I'd start lower than that. Think more like 27.5gr and then work up in 1/2 grain increments. You are likely to see a node. You can go back and fine tune on each side of the node in smaller increments later. You may hit pressure sooner because of the suppressor. That is what I'd do, just to err on the side of caution. Good luck with it and report back with your findings.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA