I've had the 35 Whelen, A-Ied it; then had a 350 Rem mag. It's a very nice level of power and very shootable for elk or so to three hundred yards. I wished I had kept the little 660 Rem carbine with the little dog-legged bolt handle even if it was on the wrong side for me. The concept of the little carbine was good and before it's time but I once heard the engineering/aesthetics were left up to a junior high shop class with a substitue teacher and left something to be desired. But that might have been just rumor.

The Whelen and then Improved was in a Rem KS Mountain rifle and was the only rifle I could not get to shoot with any factory base/ring combo's I tried. I fnally had to put a shim under the front base-I don't know if the receiver was at fault there or what-but I would run out of vertical adjustment on the three scopes I tried before I jacked the front base up.

Now I have one of those dang, 340 Wbys that kicks about twice, three x (?) as much as any of the above. It has earned it's lunch though.

gdv