I got the go ahead from the publisher to do a revision of "A Collector's Guide to the Savage 99 Rifle...". They have about 700 copies of the second printing left.
I have until June to get the info to them although they said the revision won't be published until late 2024.
Any input from you guys that is not in the first or second printing of the book will be credited to you in the text and in the acknowledgements.
The 1960 99E will be covered. I know there were some variations such as a filled hole in the pistol grip or the absence of the hole. Some had steel buttplates and others had plastic. I need info and photos on these. As far as I know these rifles were only chambered in 250-3000 and 300. If any were produced in the Winchester calibers I would like to include that info.
I will not be traveling to get photos and info for this revision.
I didn't put the 99A with the medium weight barrel in the book. That will be covered in the revision. I took photos of the one I had before I sold it.
I will cover the 99B in 22 Hi-Power. We only know of two of these rifles. I would like to add any other oddities.
Thanks in advance for any help. David

Last edited by wyo1895; 02/24/23.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]