Not a gun writer

The 350 gr TSX shot just fine out of the .375 H&H Weatherby vanguard DGR I owned. I've sold the rifle so I no longer have my notes or test targets so I'm going by memory. 3 shot groups at 100 yards were in the .8 to 1.2 inch range; groups were better with the 300 and 270 grain bullets. As one would expect; significantly slower velocities.

When I was chatting with outfitters before confirming a trip for buffalo in 2021 I asked about preferences for bullets, most said use any good controlled expansion bullet in either 270 or 300 grain. One said do not use the 350 grain TSX as they had one pass through a bull and kill? injure? a buffalo that was not seen on the far side. Their comment was they preferred the 270 g TSX as it most often ended up under the hide on the far side in broad side shots and did a great job killing buffalo.

I was unable to get any 270 g Barnes except for the LRX, no surprise it worked just fine on 4 bulls. There is a post about the hunt in Africa forum.

Add this into the comments above and I would conclude if you want to play with the 350 g TSX fill your boots, if you want to hunt use the 270 g.

Last edited by GRF; 02/24/23.