Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Nothing at all. It's his choice. Like Pappy said though, there are many choices out there. Leupold has more failure rates than anything I've ever seen though. Even the high dollar ones.

10-4. It’s a strange development with Leupold. They were the quintessential American made scope that was the benchmark for good rifle optics but almost overnight they fell out of favor. I’ve used Leupold for years as well as various other brands. I figured that with certain programs Leupold offers the OP had the opportunity to buy a Leupold for a heavy discount and can’t say I’d blame him.

I can't blame him either. It's always good to get a good discount. If I were him, I'd be looking at a vx5 HD or something like that. I will say this, I always hope the Leupolds I get on rifles I buy work out, but it always seems like I'm chasing my tail when dialing in a Leupold. I think a lot of guys here have seen that. Turn the dial and the POI does not change, so you tap on the turret, shoot it a few more times and then the bullet goes where it should. I think guys just get used to that routine and accept it, or don't know their scope is actually doing that. I've seen it too many times with Leupolds, but I still try to give them the benefit of the doubt and hope they work right. The majority of them do not. It's a shame really, as I like the aesthetics and lightweight and traditional looks they provide. Sometimes it even seems like the older ones actually worked better. Probably part of the reason why guys search out the old gloss Vari-x IIc models. That and they don't make gloss scopes anymore and they look great on old blued rifles. A lot of guys also want to validate buying one because of the warranty. My thought is I'd rather buy a scope where I didn't have to use the warranty.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA