Originally Posted by yobuck
From the front yard of our NC PA camp we can pretty much pick the distance from 400 yards out to over a mile.
Needless to say that over the last 50 years thousands of rounds have been sent at various rocks on those hillsides.
Fifty years ago, we were using the 162 gr Hornady match BT bullet in our 7 mm mag Rems and our 7x300 Wetherbys, and later our 7 mm Ultra mags.
When Berger introduced the 180 gr 7mm bullet, everybody was clamoring to get them, because they were of the opinion that the heavier higher BC bullet would improve their guns.
Mind you i had a large stash of the 162s, so i was in no hurry to even try them.
But my engineer grandson was very interested in trying them in his 7 mm ultra mag, so he bought a box of them.
Now for those who have never owned one of those cartridges, the 7 mm ultra mag, the 7 mm STW, and the 7x300 Wetherby are all pretty much clones from the velocity standpoint.
Anyway we loaded up some of the bullets for both the 7x300 and the 7 mm ultra.
We then used our old charts for dialing for a 1200 yard rock we shoot at alot and sent one of the 162s over there.
Then without changing the scope settings we sent one of the 180 Bergers.
The 162s in both guns were a good foot higher than the 180s were.
So there is no question that velocity trumps a higher BC at least to some point.
And the point also is, after a certain distance with any cartridge, there is no point to a heavier higher BC bullet.
Move on to a larger case holding more powder if you want more performance.

You are a Lying CLUELESS Drooling Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

Where and how do you Fhuqking Retards DREAM this schit up?!? Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."