texasbatman,

My wife has a Model 141 in .30 Remington--but it was originally a .32 Remington, as evidenced by the brass "medallion" in the side of receiver, designed to resembled a case-head. The barrel is a Remington, but looks very much like the barrels they were putting on 760s (and 700s) later on--with stampings from that era, and looks like it was stamped by Remington as well.

For many years Remington would rebarrel their factory rifles inexpensively--but only to the original cartridge, to prevent rifle loonies from changing their minds, and deciding they really wanted, say, a .280 instead of a .30-06. I am guessing this 141 might have been rebarreled by Remington--but long enough after they discontinued the .32 Remington to have run out of .32-caliber barrels.

Dunno if the present Remington Arms would do something similar if the original barrel on your 14 turns out to be, uh, "shot". But it might be worth asking them.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck