There is an old man who lives at Hagensborg, BC, in the mid-coast region of BC, his name is Jack Turner and he is the husband of Trudy Turner, daughter of Ralph Edwards,OC., the "Crusoe of Lonesome Lake, this man shot the then world-record Grizzly near their home in May, 1965.

He is, among serious, esperienced BC bush people, a living legend and at my best, I am an infant in the wilderness beside him. I knew his/Trudy's elder brother Stan at Ocean Falls nealry 40 years ago and these are simply amazing people, I say that as a member of one of the founding, pre-Confederation families in BC.

This TRUE EXPERT was attacked two years ago, in the evening, just outside his front door by FOUR yearling Grizzlies and mauled a bit. He escaped and survived, but, this is only one incident that makes me feel better with more rounds on tap.

I also MUCH prefer shallow-angled rounds for my hunting rifles, .338WM, 9.3x62 and .375H&H are my usual choices. I own a lot of Rugers, have examined a Hawkeye African and was VERY impressed, although I wishthat they had put a Rigby-style floorplate on to hold one more round and a larger button on that safety...still, one of the better factory rifles in years, IMO.

As to Brad, well, he IS a curmudgeon, a Viking AND getting on toward geezer status....what can ya do, eh?! smile smile smile MORE Moose Drool!!!!