It flat out sucks on spinning gear.... too much memory (coils).on my spinning set ups I run braid mainline and 10-20 ft leader of flouro for deep drop shotting and Neko rigs.

The only two instances I use a full spool of flouro is for cranking if I am trying to get max depth (flouro sinks).... this is only with super deep diving crank baits (20ft plus).... less than that and you can just use a deeper diving crank. The other is on my deep football jig rods. Flouro is better at detecting strikes on a "semi" slack line. I use Seagar yellow label usually in 10,12, and 15lb. This is also only on baitcasters. There isn't ANY scenario where I would suggest using flouro as a mainline on a spinning reel.

On most other techniques I use braid mainline either direct or with a Mono leader..... I like power pro max quatro braid and Maxima ultra green for mono.

Also important to note is that when using braid is to pair it up with a softer or lighter action rod.... braid not having any stretch can lead to a frustrating day if you are using something like small treble hooks and a stiff rod.

Last edited by hardway; 03/12/23.