Mr. Jeff Olsen:
We�ve used Sierra bullets to kill deer with 180gr in the .30-06, 150gr in the .308 and 120gr in the 6.5x55. I believe the 120�s were Pro Hunters, but the others I believe were Game Kings.

The picture I posted this year of our 2 daughters with their mule deer showed a 120gr. Sierra caused death on the right deer. That particular Sierra 120gr. went into the left brisket/front shoulder, penetrated through the ribs, then through one lung and got lost in the rumen. We�ve found that shot angle is quite often pretty tough on bullets. However, that buck, which was 125lbs carcass weight made maybe 5 jumps afterward. It was dead before I got to it within about 45 seconds.

I believe that I�d concur with Mr. Klikitarik�s opinion on shot placement with Sierra�s, but certainly for deer, I would not be hesitant to use them.

I�ve only shot one bear with a Sierra, a 250gr in .338 at less than 3 yards on a medium-small black bear. It surely died, but we did no complete post mortem to find the bullet. Tissue damage was of course very extensive at that range.

Good luck with your rifle, whichever bullet you choose.

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"