Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Supposedly the tooling to make those actions was obsolete and they weren’t selling enough to retool. Or so I’ve read.

I’m a big fan of the CZ 527 and 550’s. Given how prices have skyrocketed it seems like there’s still some demand for them and I wonder if it wasn’t a business mistake on CZ’s part.

Simple economics. They are, after all, in the business to make money. I imagine pistols make up the bulk of their business, and they’ve been tweaking that lineup as well, notably (for me anyway) discontinuing the Kadet 2 .22 conversion for the 75 and the 75B Omega Convertible. They’re pretty hot among competition shooters now it seems if YouTube is to be believed. The impression I got when they started down this road was that they wanted to stay compact and flexible so they could adapt to the market easily.

Moral of the story is you can’t count on anything being available forever, so get ‘em while you can.

The 600 Alpha .223 I handled was pretty nice, aside from the polymer guard, but that’s not a deal-killer. The versions for other cartridges are IMO, too heavy. The other models don’t interest me since they dropped the IBS.

What fresh Hell is this?