The M69 is my favorite .44 Mag platform. Had one since they first came out. Have a pair and a spare of each bbl length (was initially worried they might be discontinued). Mostly shooting the 2.75" for several times a week for 3 or 4 years now. In my mid 70s now, so only shoot 20 (240gr at 1,100fps) or so rounds a session these days (leaning more and more towards .22s).

The 300gr bullet pictured on the right is one of my favorites (the .45 version also a favorite). Seat and crimp in top crimp grove and start with 18.0gr of H110 and you can work up to 20.0 if you feel the need - 18.0 runs about 1,040fps and 20.0gr 1,100 fps in my 2.75" - depending on gun, temp, component lot and primer (I've used WLP, Fed 155s and CCI350s) The CCI 350s always gave me a bit more velocity and are said by some to be needed in cold temps. The 300gr WFN seats deeper in the case (unless you deep seat the SWC) and gives a bit more room for movement in case of crimp jump. It is also accurate in every gun I've shot it in. Recoil with the 18.0gr load isn't bad

Here's a picture of mine with a set of hastily modified (belt sander knife sharpener) Hogue Tamers. I don't use a holster anymore, just the gun back pocket of my carharts.
[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

Paul

Last edited by paul105; 03/18/23.