I must say turkey hunting is difficult. I tried late Friday afternoon to find some on the roost. No dice. They were not making a sound. Got up early Saturday morning and tried to set up in a large hay field I’ve seen them many times before. Hooted and made some soft calls to see if they would react. No reaction at all. Went to a different area with big timber and hay fields and tried some calling but no answer. It was cold for this time of year low 30’s. I wasn’t sure if that may have shut them down. I know they move in the cold but not sure how they react in cooler weather as far as calling. It’s not a large chunk of property but two 60 acre tracts with woods and hay fields that have not been cut in at least a year. Still a nice way to see the sun rise and be in the woods to see them come alive.

Saw a family friend on the way back home walking out from hunting. He said he didn’t hear anything either and said the front may have kept them quiet. Is that even a thing? Does cold weather keep them quiet?