Originally Posted by T_O_M
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
No true. In some states, like TX, there is no background check if you have a LTC or CHL.

Interesting. Learn something new every day I guess. In Oregon you go through the background check but if you have a CHL you start very very near the front of the line. When I was making my last purchase the guy in the line next to me did not have a CHL. He was told he was 4700th or something like that and they'd call him in a couple weeks to come get his gun. I went straight to 2nd in line and was out the door with my new gun .. even with Sportsman's Warehouse's very onerous paperwork check, double-check, triple-check, then manager-check process .. in about 40 minutes. I don't like waiting 40 minutes but there's worse places to do it than at a gun counter and, truly, though infrequent I've been in line longer than that to check out with groceries.

I can't see any reason anyone who could get a CHL would not do so. A buddy from work got his a couple weeks ago. I told him it would probably take about 45 days, that's what it took me 20-odd years ago. Heck no. The delay was only a couple days for processing before handing him his shiny new card. .. and that's Oregon, among the bluest of blue states. Why anyone from a more conservative state wouldn't have a CHL is beyond my understanding.

Tom

It was like that a year and a half ago in Oregon, but not anymore. Now CHL holders have to wait just like everyone else there.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA