Originally Posted by NMpistolero
Originally Posted by Heeler
Holy Schitballzz that's a BIG RAM!!! Over 34 inches and look at the space still between the horns! Was his head as big as a horse's? If I shot that thing, I'm afraid I'd have to do a full body mount - making the hunt cost double. LOL

Many congrats to your buddy!

Hey Heeler, You’re absolutely correct that’s a giant ram but space between the horns is kind of a wive’s tale. Head/ horn shape contributes to the space between the horns more than actual base size. You’ll hear guys say look for one that has horns almost touching which is kind of ridiculous, for one, the differences would be in fractions of an inch and not as apparent as actual inches of horn. Not knocking on you, just an opportunity to educate on these super cool critters.

No worries!!! I guess I was likening it to cape buff when the bosses grow together. And that ram sure makes mine look puny. As an aside, I was telling a buddy about my aoudad I got and how it wasn't a goat and wasn't a sheep - kinda it's own thing. Buddy looks at me and says 'So, it's like a souped-up range maggot.' LMAO.

He went over yonder way