Originally Posted by Angus1895
Redneck

I am curious …,how is the BAR over engineered?

Thanks
The BAR is actually the only semi-auto centerfire worth a hill of beans.. Of all the semi-auto rifles built, I rarely had a BAR come in and that was usually due to only two things - replacing a buffer or a timing latch pin. Re: the BACO Winchester, the effed up on that trigger...

One other thing - compared an A-Bolt to a M70 once for a customer... He asked how the Browning could be made better.. I (half-jokingly) said "trade it for a M70".. He asked why. I removed the A-bolt from the stock and the two of us counted the number of parts needed to operate the safety.. We counted six..

Then I took a M70 out of the stock and we counted those.. Three. Browning just can't seem to figure out how to make an operation simple.. It's just a personal beef of mine - and it's why I only have ONE Browning in the place, a BPS in .410.... Bought it because I had a lot of leftover .410 ammo AND it was the only shotgun available at the time I was looking... It's OK.. But - speaking from experience - ya better know what you're doing when/if an owner removes that trigger group from the receiver. Removal is a piece of cake.. Re-installing it can make even an old salt recall a lot of 4-letter words. There's a trick to it I learned years ago - and even then it can be a pita to reassemble.. Typical Browning..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!