Originally Posted by jayt300prc
Harday, I tried to pm you but it won't let me do it? if you could pm instead would greatly appreciate it or another way to contact you thanks

You don't have enough posts yet to send or receive pm's. Long story short, I hunted with Black elk outfitters two different years over in the Walden area.... this was back in mid 2000's but not a place I would recommend for deer hunting.... the 2 separate ranches I hunted didn't have very good populations and the elk are strictly migratory in most of that area.... they could be a herd of 100 on the ranch one day and gone the next.... they are basically trying to make it from the high country to the wildlife area in the bottom of the valley.

I hunted with Joe from Rocky Mt ranches about 4 years ago by Craig.... this was ALOT more fun.... years ago we had a friend with a ranch in Craig and the deer numbers over there are...or were great..... we hunted one of his less desirable ranches and still we probably saw 50-75 bucks a day on about 4k acres..... it's a lot of fun for a "hotel" style hunt.... relaxing.... waaaay better places to eat and hotels in Craig vs. Walden and they also have a couple good meat processors if needed.

These were all trespass fee hunts..... Black elk were good people just the areas they hunt don't have the same game populations that they do over the hill in Craig. Good luck.