Originally Posted by troutslayer
Just pulling out some odd guns and here I find a Ruger 10-22 Carbine I didn't remember I had. Looking to maybe do a couple "upgrades" for mainly just gopher shooting etc. Ordered a Ruger BX drop in trigger assembly already. What other upgrades are recommended without breaking the bank so to speak? Suggestions welcome.

Perhaps I am reading the OP's post too simply but as I read it he is asking about upgrades for a gopher gun. In my experience with 10/22's that most of them unmodified will group about 1" to 3/4" @ 50 yards for 5 shots, a trigger upgrade will cut about a 1/4" from those group sizes.

So taking into account how much accuracy is required to kill a gopher out to 50 or 75 yards where does the point of diminishing returns kick in? I doubt that the extra $275 spent on a Kidd, or other aftermarket barrel or another $200 or so for a Magpul stock is going to increase the amount of gophers.

The money spent on a BX trigger or some other upgrade is likely the best money spent on a 10/22 simply because it makes it more shootable.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.