Originally Posted by jc189
Originally Posted by Pappy348
About right for me too. I don’t bounce so good anymore.

As long as it lets him see above the cover a bit……..

Never hunted from a box. Not sure I’d like it. Nice work though.

Pappy, I never hunted out of a box until a few years ago. They are real easy to get used to. Very comfortable, warm, and dry. At 65 years old thats pretty much what I like to sit in now. My tree climbing days are almost over.

Only 65? Rookie!

I actually enjoy being in the open, and have the clothes needed for any weather, plus boxes aren’t an option where I hunt. I have some ground-level tree seats tucked away in good spots on that public land, as well as several treestands. Need to remove one of the old stands and replace it with the hang-on I have nearby. Those hang-ons are pretty low, about 10’ to the platform, but they get me over the cover. The ladders are 15’ and well secured, but it’s said most whoopsies occur ascending or descending. I always wear a harness and am damn careful going up and down, but this coming season may be my last aloft. Terrain where I hunt is such that natural elevated positions are pretty easy to find. In ten seasons on that WMA I’ve taken a dozen deer, five from the ground IIRC.

What fresh Hell is this?