Scrubbing carbon rings is the main reason I don't own any 44 special brass. I've always found it easier to keep all my 44s in mag brass. If I didn't have 38 only revolvers I'd probably only own 357 brass too. I guess my interest in 32 h&r brass for the 327 single 7 comes down to the way I think I'll most always use that gun which is plinking and moderate loads.

I'm am concerned about the higher pressure of the 30 SC. I need to just get it out and shoot it but for years I preferred the 44 over the 357 because I didn't like the ear splitting crack of the 357. The 327 with hot loads is even worse than the 357 and the 30 sc may be about the same. I'll get it to the range before I buy dies and a shell plate. An 85g xtp at 1100 in a 30 SC when I could down load a 90g xtp in a 9mm isn't logical.

The smart thing to do would be to keep it simple and stick with 9mm. I've got lots of 9s and it's nice knowing they can all share ammo. The 30 sc is just a good looking little round and the factory fmj has a nice little flat nose. When I saw the ammo I thought of Federal new punch 22 lr flat nose and thought the same principles must apply here. However I really like my critical duty win 9mm ammo I've bought cases of lately. If it's going to be fmj why not a little flat nose. That is if it feeds etc.

Addiction doesn't always follow a logical path. I didn't walk in looking for a 30 SC but at $350 and a rebate I bit. I may shoot it and love it. I just keep looking at the 30 sc case and thinking I'd like to neck it down to .224 and load it with 40g vmaxes. Might not match the 5.7 but might avoid the special coating of the 5.7 that makes it tough to reload. I've been trying to think of how I can neck down a 30 sc to model one. Any ideas? The 5.7 and the 22 tcm needs some competition.

I'll get the 30 to the range soon and report back. I'm pretty sure it will be a blast.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 03/31/23.