Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Some years ago, we were moving in on a big bunch of elk with a couple bulls. We were still a half mile away when a pickup came out of the trees right at them. They stopped and a couple guys fired off 2 or 3 shots from 4 or 500 yds away. The elk all took off. Then the shooters got back in their pickup and drove away. They didn't even walk over to see if they'd hit anything. We did go over and look around but didn't see any blood. That doesn't mean they missed entirely, though.

Same thing happened where I hunt. My elk hunting partner and I were sneaking in to get closer to a group of elk near the tree line. We were in the trees when we saw 2 truckloads of guys stop on the far side of a field and start shooting. We had to stand behind trees as bullets were flung our way. The elk also ran past us. Some of them were injured. My partner managed to shoot a spike that was running on 3 legs past him. He dropped that spike with one shot to the back of the head with his 30-30. It's those kinds of "hunters", that give the rest of us a bad name. And when I say 2 truck loads of guys shooting, that was like 6+ guys with a total of about 40 shots fired, and elk scattering . Some wounded and some not. I yelled at those stupid sob's, but what else are you going to do? My elk hunting partner had to hold me back, because I was pretty fn pissed off at the whole ordeal. There are some guys that don't need to be hunting or carrying a gun, as far as I'm concerned.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA