Originally Posted by joshf303
Got a couple days of inside wear on the new MT 2s and convinced myself this evening that I liked them enough to cut the tags off and keep them.

Was just a little hesitant on the width at first on my left foot…skosh bigger in that foot and have a weirder, bigger “pinky” toe on that side. After playing with the laces some I got them tuned right. I feel they are almost borderline in width for my foot, which is 4 1/4” - 4 3/8s” (10.8-10.9cm). The boots do come with a sort of modular insole system that you can swap around in a few patterns to tune the fit. Ended up leaving the left boot with the “stock” insole and adding the full cup to the right insole, which improved the feel noticeably. Did pull the Softsoles out of another pair of boots and put in them. For now they are a little much, but maybe after some wear I’ll revisit that.

As far as break in… I think they are money out of the box.

I ordered my true 10 size and IMO that’s perfect considering where my big toe lands. Feel zero slip or crowding of my toes on downward inclines.

The upper is very comfortable and just the right amount of flexible IMO. They are advertised as a 3 flex and while I can’t argue if they are true to that or not, the flex is very comfortable to my foot.

Heel lock is very, very good. The whole ankle area of the boot probably fits better than anything else I’ve tried on.

Durability…we’ll see. It does have a couple areas of concern, mostly the 2 sets of cord lace loops on each boot.

Planning on doing a 6-7 mile 75lb pack on them in the morning.

Thanks for the detailed report! My foot runs around 4”. Should work great.

Last edited by jackmountain; 04/08/23.