Originally Posted by SDHNTR
Originally Posted by FSJeeper
Please provide the specs on that beautiful rifle! Don’t see too many custom 99’s!

Thanks. It is a Savage 99C with the removable magazine, barreled at 16" long to 450 Bushmaster. Whatever scope I end up with for this will be QD, and it will have a combination of a fold down peep sight and leaf sights to go along with the banded front sight. The sight base will also be milled to accept a Aimpoint Nano red dot sight that will also be quick release. Lot's more work to do on it before it is finished but at least the stock is done and I can hunt with it.

The Trigicon 1x4 is an option I did not think about and it looks like a prime candidate as it is the same length as the Nikon and only a couple of ounces more. If I go with the super low Henneberger HMS super low rings and possibly mill some out of the mounting surface of the scope mount it may line up just fine.

The size of the scope is mostly an issue shooting out of the truck and trying to quickly grab the rifle and swing it out the window without bumping the scope. I think a straight tube scope is a must and to me it makes a difference.

Attached pic is the Swaro 1.5x6x42, Swaro Z6 1x6 EER, and the Nikon Monarch African mounted.

Attached Images
99 scopes.jpg (32.82 KB, 382 downloads)
Last edited by FSJeeper; 04/09/23.