Hi there,

I was invited to an elk hunt this coming november... In anticipation of this and so I had plenty of time to get used to a gun... I bought a 300 PRC rifle. Now for a few reasons I'd say I jumped the gun but... After seeing several positive reviews I bought a Christensen Arms Mesa in 300PRC. It was AFTER this as I was trying to read up on my new gun as I await its arrival I saw all the negatives on it. So now I'm dreading what I'll be getting once it arrives...

But in addition to that... Most of my rifle shooting is ARs... I HAVE had a Marlin Guide Gun in 45-70 but... since the Mesa is a lighter rifle and I've never shot a magnum rifle I'm starting to worry about the recoil of the PRC. Can anyone tell me how it will compare to the 45-70? the GG had stout recoil but completely manageable. I wasn't shooting buffalo bores or anything crazy but they were factory non cowboy loads.

Thanks for your time and insight! I'd thought about trying to find a place that will make me reduced recoil 300 PRC loads and work up to the full power factory Hornady ammunition... But not sure if I should do that or just try it as is with the factory ammo and hope I don't develop a flinch?