There were features I never saw in a Lee Six stock but did see in a Brown Precision. I never had a Lee Six stock with a large void behind the recoil lug. I never got a Lee Six stock with a flexible butt. I never got a Lee Six stock which used a hot dog wrapper as a filler in the forearm. These are all things I saw in BP stocks. No question, Lee's stocks were a bit heavier, but they were also stronger, more rigid, and better finished, out of the mold.
Lee started offering stocks with pigment in the shell around 1979. These were quite well finished out and needed very little in the way of filling.
In the early days of the 6BR ('79 as I recall), Lee's daughter, Cindy, offered formed 6 BR brass for those who wanted to pay 50 cents apiece. When you consider that the original brass started out as, essentially, 308 with a small primer pocket, forming was a chore which was certainly worth avoiding.
The last time I spoke with Lee was in the late '90's and he was in poor health at the time. He was a good guy. GD