I used to have the CZ 550 kevlar varmint, in 308 my biggest gripe was the stock, apparently when CZ ordered the stocks from HS they screwed up in converting the measurements from metric to inches, (I hear CZ in czech feels they need to control everything) anyways the stocks ended up very short, I am talking 12.5 LOP with a big recoil pad, the gun was throated pretty deep, it also had a detachable mag, which I didn't really care for, this mag made it such that unless you wanted to shoot single shot you had to seat to mag lenght. geeeeez you would think that with that big ole honkin 550 action you would at least be able to use the full lenght of it. I don't know why they made the gun with a detach mag, the trigger had a creep spot in it that I was never able to work out, however I am no gunsmith, I tried fixing it with a takeup adjustment but when I did that it made the trigger unsafe. thats what I didn't like about the gun

I think it shot decent, with federal gold medal match it shot in the .6's and with my handloads about the same, 5 shot groups. I was really eyeing the tikka varmint in 308, maybe if I would have done that I would have been happier