Debated on which forum this should be posted to, and decided that the competitive shooters probably would have a better insight.

So here it is....

I have a Perazzi Mirage, 12ga, 29 1/2" bbls, case colored receiver, S/N 53xxx, Type 4 forend, single, non-elective trigger. Gun is an Ithaca import.
I do not believe this gun has removable triggers. I may be wrong. I know from previous ownership, that on the removable trigger guns, one pushes the safety forward against some spring tension (past the normal off safe position) and then pull down on the front of the trigger guard. On this particular gun, the safety can be pushed forward, but the triggers do not drop out, even with quite a bit of effort. Question is, did/do all of the Mirage/MX8 guns have the ability to push the safety forward of the off safe position?
Beyond that, can the gun be upgraded to removable triggers (with an external barrel selector)? In the same context, can a stock for a removable trigger group gun be fit to a non-removable trigger gun?

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.