Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Where the 9mm carbine falls short (in my opinion) is the inability to penetrate IIIA body armor. Maybe a few of the faster loads will do it, but not the common ball ammo.

It's one of those longshot circumstances, but if home invaders are wearing body armor, and more are these days, the 5.56 kind of wins in that situation.

Yep.

The Ruger PCC 9mm Carbine looks like a fun little gun, and might be great for a fun little plinking carbine, or OK for small game and dispatching pests around the house.
And OK for a petite woman for home defense that can’t handle a shotgun or AR-15. Better that a sharp stick. 😜

It appears from numerous reliable Canpfire Members that they are accurate, reliable, and fun to shoot.
If I just had to use one for defense, and that was my ONLY option, I’d load it up with Buffalo Boar’s Hard Cast Outdoorsman Load or Mackay Sagebrush’s equivalent 9mm Penatrator Load.

But for serious defense, I’ll stick with an AR pistol or M-4 Carbine in .556 or 300 BO. And a 12 ga 870 Factory Riot Gun.
I live out in the Boonies, so a call for help to local LEO or Sherriffs Dept might get me some “help” in an hour or two. 😬

Last edited by chlinstructor; 04/16/23.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~