The Umlindi is an awesome pack. Their harness system just plain works for me. If I’m not hauling meat, it’s all I carry in the woods anymore. I have not put my kit bag “on” the pack. I just use it as normal with the pack over top of it. Hasn’t bothered me yet, and I like the option of tossing the pack and being able to keep the kit bag on.

I don’t fly fish, but use my kit bag (original) quite often when I’m wading. Pistole in the rear as always, with TP. 2 small 5 compartment boxes (34??) in the middle, along with a pack of trailers, and one with various soft plastics. Braid scissors and pliers on lanyard on one of the top rings. Sometimes I stick of spool of leader material with the pistol, most times it just goes in my pocket. Works great later in the year, when I’m going alone and my bait selection is pretty small.

Spring and early summer, I carry quite a bit more, often for 2 people, and normally keep a small cast net with me.

I use and abuse HPG stuff pretty hard, and it’s all held up to everything. I did manage to render one of their bike frame bags unusable, but I doubt anything would have held up to the conditions there.