My friend, Gerhard Koch (Koch Safaris) is working this year with SV Safaris in Botswana. Scroll down to the bottom of their webpage to see two videos of the area and the lodge/facilities.

SV Safaris has the CH 1 Concession on the northern boarder of Botswana. The SW side boarders the Chobe NP and the NW side is the Chobe River and just across it is Namibia's Caprivi Strip. The concession is a bit over 500,000 hectares.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
The season just opened April 4th. The first two clients in, took six buffalo between them in 5-days. This is Gerhard. You'll also see him in the promo videos on the SV link above.

My favorites are the old broken horn ones. I don't have a big desire personally to hunt cape buffalo as I grew up in a farm and been put over a few fences by some pretty mean bulls and a few cows with calves. That and having done a water buffalo cull hunt in Australia's Aboriginal lands in the Northern Territory. However, IF I had a chance at a grand old "scrum cap" bull, I'd seriously consider it. Those are much rarer and more uniquely to me than a 40"+ one. Anyway......

Second client of the season, a elephant hunter, just finished up. His goal was a 50+ pounder. Just a few days in, he took this one. They won't know for sure until they dig up the skull and the nerves have dried/rotted out but, according to the tape measurements, it should be 60-65lbs. While he did have a few days left, because this one was well above his goal, he decided to take it.

Gerhard asked me to post this up as they still have a couple of buffalo, a couple of elephant and a leopard (with dogs) quota left for this season. They are offering them as follows:

All hunts are "all inclusive" from the time they pick you up at the airport in Kasane until they take you back to Kasane for your flight home. This includes the road transfer (about a 2.5 hr. drive each way), rifle permit etc. Only extra will be a 14% tax on the ammo you bring in.

1. Three elephant left on quota. 14-day hunt, $50,000.00 up to 50 pounds, then a $1000.00 per pound up to 70 pounds and anything over 70 pounds is on the house. And YES, they have seen some that are well above the 70 pound level. To be clear here, the $1000.00 per pound is based on the heaviest of the two tusks.

Here are a couple they've seen while scouting around the last few days.

Estimate 65 pounds
Estimate 55 pounds

2. Two buffalo left on quota. 7-day hunt, $22,500.00. Again, all inclusive as already mentioned. Far, far, too many buffalo running around (see the SV videos above).

3. One leopard on quota. 14-day hunt, $35,000.00 (dogs/handler included).

Season ends September 19th.

Transportation to Kasane is pretty easy. SA Airlink offers daily direct flights (less than 2 hrs each way) between Johannesburg and Kasane. Current economy class is about $600 US round trip.

I'll be happy to answer any questions about getting there and back but, if you want/need more details on the hunt, lodge etc. I'd strongly recommend you contact Gerhard directly.

Email: gmkochbotyahoo.com
Cell/WhatsApp: +267 75 414 214

Last edited by M3taco; 04/18/23.