Hey folks,

Wow, I haven't posted in almost a year, although I've lurked some in the meantime. Last year this time, I was in the Seattle area, having struck out on black powder elk out around Forks in October '06, but having taken my first two deer back in Kentucky on my brother-in-law's hunting property. Well, in the intervening time, I've moved home. I live just outside of Clarksville, TN now, an hour and a half down I24 from my home in Western KY, and an hour up the road from Nashville where I work.

Not that anyone cares ... wink

But I've been so busy that I missed the KY modern gun season, that I had been looking forward to. However, we have the late muzzleloader season coming soon, so this weekend I'm heading to the range a couple of times with my Lyman Deerstalker .54 percussion to check the sights and knock the rust off my technique.

There are about 10 different bucks of decent size on my brother-in-law's place right now, including one really big one. He and his buddy have just been bowhunting all season, and haven't gotten a good shot on the big guy. I just want some meat, and will gladly take a doe, of which there are plenty. Just getting back into the woods will be enough, too, even if my luck dries up.

It's good to be home. Although I will admit that back in October, I sort of wished I was carrying the .54 way out on some tree farm outside of Forks, looking for elk. Maybe I'll take a trip back there someday ...

Anyway, all the best to all of y'all. I'm enjoying reading about how your seasons have gone, and what trips / plans you have going on.

Regards,
Liam

Last edited by liam; 11/30/07.