I simply can't shoot with both eye's open. Shoot right handed and left eye dominate. Doesn't effect me one bit. Close the left eye, aim with right and pull the trigger!

For scopes my big rifle is a 30-06 and has a 2 3/4x Redfield widefield. Scope is about 50 yrs old and love it, bought it new about 1971 in Kalispell, Montana. Rifle was built in 1945 by Paul Jaeger. My 6.5x06 has a 3-9x Nikon on it. Lot more scope than I'd ever need but like the higher power for sighting in rifles off sand bag's. That 3-9x ever quits on me I'm going with another 2-7x onit. Next is a 6.5x55 and it has a 2-7x leupold/Redfield on it Gonna start hunting with it this year, got one hog so far. Got a 260 Rem being put together right now and it has one of those 2-7 Leupold/Redfields on it too. Sight in at 6x and probably never shoot a game animal over 2X, killed that hog on 2x! Have a 25-06 with a very old 3-9x Bushnell Banner. No idea why that much scope. Only have ever shot deer here at home and can't recall ever turning up the scope but one time. Close to a deer and wanted to try out 9x so upped it and then couldn't find the deer. Finally found it and at 9x a sage brush limb was to close and I didn't nitice it. Missed the deer hit the limb! Have a 243 with a 3-9x Vortex on it. Over the years I've killed three deer with 243's but just feel there's a lot better choices. But If I got a wild hair and decided to shoot some sage rats that 243 would be just the thing. Shot a Raven with it once at about 400 yds and 9x came in handy to see the thing, sitting in a tree!

Use 180gr bullet's in the 30-06, 140gr in the 6.5x06 and the 6.5x55; Hornady in the 6.5-06 and Speer Hot Core in the 6.5x55. The 260 I'm gonna run with 130gr class, hoping 129gr Hornadys work well in it! 25-06 has been killing deer about 20 yrs with 117gr Hornadys, If Hornady made a 120gr that didn't have a plastic tip or a hollow point I'd have given it a go. Only bullet's I hunt big game with are Hornady cup and core and Speer Hot Core's. The only things those do well is shoot in my rifles and kill things about as dead as dead can be!

Last edited by DonFischer; 04/19/23.