Originally Posted by Teal
Is the biggest advantage to the electric - simply not buying gas or are they lighter/faster in anyway? How do they handle bagging?

I need to trash my Ariens and am not opposed to electric but I also don't really mind buying gas either. I mow my lawn 2x on a tank of gas, takes about 35 mins each to do it. Not a big field or anything.

Teal,
I got our first one (2010 or so) so my wife didn't have to deal with gas while I was working 8 months away from home, spring thru fall. Small suburban yards. Haven't gone back to gas since, our "lawn", such as it is, is a small one also. Mine bags well enough, I let ours grow pretty high so I have to empty the bag a couple of times per mowing usually. Lotta times I just let it mulch and stay on the lawn too.

Ours is a 40V Black and Decker, I'd look into an 80V if I was in the market for a new one though.

No gas to deal with, no smell of exhaust on my clothes and in my beard when the wind is blowing toward me, and quiet. No need for hearing protection (yes, I wear it around power equipment, I can still hear!)

If I had a larger lawn I'd likely just get a gas riding mower and use it on our little 1 acre pasture too.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?