Originally Posted by MOGC
One of the funniest things I've seen was a friend shooting a skunk with his bow. We had been bowhunting until dark that evening and I was dropping him off at his house. When we pulled up there was a skunk raiding his trash can sitting out on his wooden deck. My friend said, "There that s.o.b. is, something has been getting in that trash and now I know. His azz is grass!" My buddy grabbed his bow and nocked one of his arrows, took careful aim and cut that broadhead loose. Beautiful shot, zapped that skunk perfectly through the shoulders. Problem was, we were uphill and so the downward trajectory of the arrow meant that the broadhead sliced through the skunk and then buried into the deck flooring and pinned that skunk tight to the deck! The skunk was just outside his back door, which led directly into his kitchen. His wife was in the kitchen with the sliding back door open and just the screen between her and the jet blast of skunk perfume that the pinwheeled skunk released upon impact of the arrow. I heard a blood curdling scream from the house and immediately my buddy said, "Oh fuggg!" I said good luck bud and scooted out of there throwing a rooster tail of dust ten feet high.

Thanks, I needed a good laugh this afternoon.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG