I just ordered my first suppressor. A Dead Air Ti Nomad 30. The wait begins, but in the meantime I want to buy/build a rifle to be my first suppressed. For now I can’t imagine threading my current rifles that I love!

Factory rifle or custom build is good. The purpose for the rifle will be back yard targets to sniping Southern whitetails under 250 yards. Cartridges in my thoughts at the moment are 6arc, 6.5 grendal, 22 Creedmoor, and 6mm Creedmoor. Goal is to have a 8.25lb or less scoped rig with the suppressor that is not so barrel heavy. Does anyone have a suppressed rifle that is not barrel heavy? I know balance is always discussed, but I don’t recall balanced suppressed rifles being discussed. Maybe it’s a tradeoff.

The Howa mini is the easy button to get into the game. But, luckily I have time and I’m not so worried about budget and I want to do this right the first time as much as possible. What would you do for a factory rig and what would be the blueprint if you built? Pics of your rigs always are nice.