Sir Ron,

Greatly appreciate the correct historical citation on the birth of the 460 G&A because it now makes sense as to the timeline.

Loaded what I anticipate will be the African loads for both rifles today. AA-2230 80 grains behind CEB BBW #13 450 grain FPs in new 458 WM cases and BL-C(2) 89 grains behind CEB BBW #13 500 grain FPs in BELL cases. Settled on BL-C(2) because the 89 grain load surpasses 2350 fps while filling the case to a point below the shoulder-neck junction, thus allowing the CEB 500 grain monolithic to be seated at COAL 3.540” without compression. Will use these loads to sight in both rifles later this week.

The 460 G&A Win M-70 is currently fitted with a white line sourdough FS and NECG rear peep with extended slide. I suspect once I’ve determined the needed FS height, filing it based on POI, I’ll replace it with the 3/32” white bead I prefer and use in my other heavy caliber DGRs. Last bench session hopefully this week and then sticks and offhand til departure. Mostly 350 grain bullets with Trail Boss and
H-4895 with around 25% full power loads per session.

I’m very impressed with the performance of the 458 WM and the brutally simple setup of the Hawkeye. Perfect for the Zim environment.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now