Originally Posted by flintlocke
Nothing is that simple guys, there is an unpublicized force at work here...yes, there are woke leftists on every board or positions of leadership...making bad decisions certainly...but some exec on the top with business savvy is signing off on this schidt. Why? There is in today's business world a shadowy system of what HR people call Diversity, Equity and Inclusion score. It has infected every corporation. Simply, it's a woke report card. How it gained so much power to shape company's images, I don't know. The billions that corporations pay for bringing disgusting advertisements into your home with queer, bi racial couples, freaks of every variety...are all part of the race to see who gets the best DEI report card. Top execs are signing off on these huge advertising budgets, it's not being decided by some woke HR dept employee, or advertising VP.
This reminds me of the contest to put the most colored token and/or female employees in highly visible positions back in the 80's. Trends...fads like this are eventually squelched by profit concerns...boycotts work if they are widespread enough.

This.

Company I work for is for the most part not a direct to consumer product, you never see our label. We are a supplier to lots of the big players. Our top is so ate up in the DEI crap it is disgusting. Majority of it is because the big players who are our customers push it on us, they come and audit our plants purely for DEI scorecards. Meanwhile, the little worker bees that this is all supposedly for, could not care less about it, they just want to clock in for 8 hours a day and go home and get a paycheck every 2 weeks and a stock price to climb. They could not care less about the color or sexual orientation of the guy on the line working next to them.