Well, on the 6th day I finally had birds in front of me and put one on the ground. The action was slow, to say the least, and toms weren't at all interested in leaving the fields where the hens were to look for the sorry hen calling from the field edge! There were a couple maybes prior to the 6th day, but it seamed I kept zigging when I should have been zagging as quiet birds are a challenge! The 6th morning started out the same as the last 5, birds gobbling on the roost and then nothing after hitting the ground and heading to the fields to the east of my place. Only difference on the 6th day, it was a little warmer and a little nicer. Later morning after a long sit, I got up to stretch as the birds I was seeing were hundreds of yards away from me. I looked to my left and there were a couple birds close by and heading my way. I quickly sat back down, got ready and let the tom walk into my gun and was done. There were no hens around to watch the show, seams I finally sounded like a prospect for a tom and he came looking.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member