I have used Swarovski binoculars from the very first EL to the NL Pure which is what I currently own and use the most. Optically, Swarovski has always been top tier, with Leica and Zeiss claiming nearly equal footing in the optics market.

I started with the 10X42 EL and then looked through the 8.5X42 and immediately switched. They were superb and I didn’t feel that I had lost anything by going to the less power for the gain in exit pupil and optical quality.

I then looked through some Leica Ultra-Vids and was impressed with their optics and how they were smaller in size with the same quality in comparison to the ELs. I didn’t have them long before I went back to the Swarovski EL as the Leica binoculars weren’t as easy to use with glasses as the Swarovski was.

Then I tried the Leica Ultra-Vid in the compact 8X20 and they were exceptional and I had no issues with using them with eyeglasses. I kept them for years until I got the EL 8X32 which became my favorite set of binoculars.

I had the original 10X42 EL rangefinding binoculars and used them for rifle hunting season and ranging prairie dogs. When they came out with the Swarovision in the rangefinder, I got those and still have them for the same applications.

Throughout the years, I have had every model of Swarovski and Leica binoculars and rangefinding binoculars and have been most satisfied with Swarovski. I probably wouldn’t have the EL Swarovision rangefinders if I didn’t already have them when I upgraded from the EL 8X32 to the NL Pure.

If I was without any optics, and decided to just get one pair, I would get the 8X32 NL pure and the Leica CRF Rangemaster 2400 and feel I had the best combination short of the rangefinding binoculars in addition to the 8X32 NL. I use the NL Pure 80% of the time as they are superb glass and are much smaller to carry around than the full sized 10X42’s…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]