Ok, so for over a year, this shop has had this 1940 winchester model 70 30-06 for sale. When I first saw it, they were asking $1,100.00 for it. I told them their price was too dang high. Every time I visited the shop, I would look at the rifle. This is a rifle I've mentioned to you guys in different threads.

It's been drilled and tapped on the rear bridge, stock has been cut to allow for the recoil pad, unoriginal rear sight, and the bolt handle was ground on, for scope clearance. It was just not worth the investment of $1,100.00, as you can see from the pictures:

pre war model 70 30 govt.

Now, when I was back there in February, the shop owner threw out this wild offer to me. He said, "$650 and you can take it home!!". I almost bit on the deal, but would only be buying it as a project rifle. The way I saw it, was it would give me something to do in the cold winter months here, when I was not shooting. Well, I passed on that deal.

As shown in the GB ad, they ended up selling it for $874 minus $30.00 for shipping and other fees. They did end up making a little more than what they offered it to me for, but just barely. Now, I generally don't buy guns to sell them, but you guys know I buy guns at great deals. This was one of the borderline good deals I've seen when out and about. Just thought I'd share this one with you. Have a great weekend and be safe out there!!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA