Originally Posted by Creekside0423
Got a new Winchester Mod 70 6.5 Cm super grade end of year. Couldn't resist it. But trigger too heavy. Went to adjust, but it had some kind of hard goop around the adjusting screw. Never have seen this,, a lawyer thing? Ordered a Timney.

Tale a very tiny hex wrench (allen), heat the tip, stick it in the glue, back out the screw. The heat will remove the glue and you can then use the screw for what it's meant for. I've done several of them that way. Timney has the X-Bolt trigger shoe...not to my taste but YMMV. One thing about the Ernie spring: you still might not get down below 3 lbs. If you're looking for lighter than what Erne gives you, or if you want to try to use the existing spring before buying the Ernie, just remove one-half coil from the spring, put it back in and try it. If it's still not light enough, take off take off another half coil. You should be done. If removing the coil makes it too light, then just use the screw to increase the pull weight. It's a pretty easy fix. All mine sit right at 2.5 lbs., and I can take them below 2 lbs just by adjusting the screw.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown