Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
I went out this morning also, but more problems than just high grass. Out of staters! Years ago when I first came to the valley I hunted everywhere for coyotes, gophers, and prairie dogs. Ranchers welcomed a responsible shooter. Over the years, the ranches have been slowly gobbled up by corporations, or out of staters. Of course, no hunting is the result. I have one or two ranches I can still shoot gophers on. One was very good. Now the out of staters have horned in and are shooting it every day. Two loads of Arkies this morning. Like our fishing which was ruined by greenies from Colorado, this too is becoming too much trouble to bother with. I am even thinking of selling a large portion of my rimfire collection. That is their main purpose gopher shooting.
Until a few years ago, bags of 2-300 per morning were routine. Better shooting could be had, but this was just few hours in the morning or evening. Now 50 is a great day. I hate to see it, but just like the Indians and the buffalo looks like it is over.

Yep! Out of staters can be an issue with the decline

Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Pardon my slow reply - been super busy hosting out of state Varminters, going fishing, gunshows, relatives and some travel.
VarmintGuy

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.