I was leaning to the base. All I've ever heard of the Leupold one piece was good. But, I haven't shot my 300 R in years because I couldn't get it to shoot as well as I thought it should, and I have plenty of good shooters to play with, so it just sits till I get a bug to work with it. I pulled that base off the 300, and now the 250 isn't shooting up to par. I know the Leupold 1.5X5 is good, Gary and I were picking pebbles on the berm and plucking them off. He'd pick one for me, I'd pick one for him.

Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Hmmmm. What were the weather/temperature/humidity conditions when you test fired the rifle, Joe? Compare that to Florida shooting conditions and perhaps there's your answer - fore end swelling/contracting a skinch and resulting impingement (or lack thereof) on barrel thus effecting accuracy.

Typical nice WV weather. I know people that keep logs of weather, humidity, barometric reassure, etc (Probably you). But, to punch quarter size holes at 50 starting out is acceptable for me. We couldn't do that, and if I remember correctly, the group kept moving. First thought would be scope/mounts moving, but every screw was torqued, then we took it back in and retorqued every thing. I'm going to slap a set of Weavers on it and see what happens? Heading up to WV in the next couple of days.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin