Kinda getting into long range shooting, for me long range is 700ish. My longest shot ever on game was just under 400 yards on an antelope in SE WY and used my 243 Win. I've picked up a Fierce Rifles Ti action, carbon fiber in 7mm PRC and a Zeiss Conquest V4 scope. Looking at scope mounting and reading about bedding the bases to the receiver and the scope to the rings. In the past, I've always lapped the rings doing the most competent job at it that I could, taking my time with it. I know opinions are subjective, but curious to hear if bedding will be more beneficial. Using Talley Lightweights and at the moment, not interested in another mounting option as I like as few pieces involved with mounting a scope as possible. But admit, long range is new to me after 50 plus years of all of this and not trying to be set in my ways... So... my question after all of that is, to bed or not to bed...

After watching a guy using JB Weld for this on a you-tube video, I'll need a different mind set! Lol!

Thanks,

Dean

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member