Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by Calvin
That’s a commonly fished area.

If I had to guess it would be the boat got one of the engines wrapped up pulling the anchor in heavy seas and rolled. If you say anything on the radio in Sitka on Memorial Day weekend 500 boats will hear you. Had to be fast for the Capt to not get off a call.

Yeah, it was something that happened real quick.

If they'd found themselves really challenged by the winds and waves most likely they'd have put on the PFDs.

Of course I've not read anything that stated they weren't wearing PDFs just yet.

But we all know they don't save you from cold water.

Another explanation would be steering failure at 25kts. A sharp turn in rough seas would roll the boat.

Those boats are heavy, well built boats. They don’t go down easy.
I've had a steering cable snap while underway. Luckily on a river and not in a bad spot. I can only imagine out there in those conditions. Also had one snap on an airboat and we hit the bank and all were ok since we were not high speed at the time. Its a bit interesting when you all of a sudden have no control on direction.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....