Originally Posted by jimone
Hope they don't eat him.

grin

He’ll have a great time and be carefully sequestered around while he’s there. I dunno if he’ll be in a malaria zone or need shots against rabies.

Hey, I spent three years in an African village 🙂 School holidays I worked on the vaccination team out of Agogo Presbyterian Mission Hospital, which looks to be a much bigger deal on the ‘net now than it was forty years ago.

My job was to maintain the vaccine guns and drive the medical teams around in their LandRovers. Four wheeling in Africa, pretty durn cool 😎

European medical students would stay over on short internships and I would take them on a twenty-five mile hike across the forest and plain to the Afram river (crossed by canoe) where there was an actual mud-walled thatched roof African village (not easy to find, even then, they prob’ly all have satellite TV now 🙂).

Damn, 25 miles there. 25 miles back the next day, didn’t think anything of it, can’t hardly walk around the block now.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744